This article is sponsored by Maryland Injury Guys, the personal injury attorneys of Mayfield. Visit Mayfield and check out its many features.
Mayfield is a neighborhood in Baltimore City County, Maryland. It is bounded by Lake Montebello to the north, northwest and west, Herring Run Park to the northeast and east, and the neighborhood of Belair-Edison to the south. Mayfield has a population of 2,088 people and has a dense suburban area feel. 53% of the population are females and 47% are males.
94% of the residents own their homes. The other 6% rent them. The median home value is $198,319. The median rent price is $1,002. Households in the area make, on average, an income of $93,298. Children living in these households are zoned for the Baltimore City Public Schools District.
Herring Run Park is 375 acres of woodlands in Baltimore City. The urban oasis extends 2.3 miles from Morgan State University to Interstate-895. It was conceived in 1904 by the Olmsted Brothers and was later recommended as a stream valley. The park is centered around the Herring Run and attracts hikers, nature enthusiasts, and travelers looking for beautiful sceneries. Herring Run Park is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and include amenities such as the following:
Lake Montebello is a reservoir situated just outside the northwestern portion of the Mayfield neighborhood. It was excavated and constructed in 1881 and can hold up to 606 million gallons of water. The lake currently contains only 410 million gallons. It acts as a settling basin for the nearby 1915 Montebello Filtration Plant 1 and 1928 Montebello Filtration Plant 2.
Lake Montebello also acts as a recreational area for the neighborhoods surrounding it. The lake features a 1.3 mile bike and walking path for visitors who likes to run, jog or walk their pets. In addition, the Herring Run Park Master Plan is in the works to include an underpass that connects the recreation area of Lake Montebello directly to Herring Run Park.
You can also Get to Know Belair-Edison, MD.
The Maryland State Boychoir Center for the Arts was founded in 1987 by Frank Cimino. Its mission is to foster the tradition of boychoir by offering talented boys opportunities to sing and build self-discipline, self-esteem and character. To be admitted into the choir, potential members must go through an audition. Those who are admitted become choristers and are trained in voice lessons and music theory. Since 2000, it has hosted the annual Baltimore Boychoir Festival that brings together some of America's greatest boychoirs. In Nov. 2006, the Maryland State Boychoir Center for the Arts relocated to the heart of the Mayfield community. The center is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Did someone hurt you? We can help with that. Contact our Mayfield personal injury lawyers to secure the compensation you deserve. Call today to schedule your free consultation.
Maryland Injury Guys
2001 Eastern Ave #1,
Baltimore, MD 21231